Photo

What is your favorite PVP Ship?

• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

#1 Simvastatin Montelukast

Simvastatin Montelukast
  • PipPip

Posted 21 March 2011 - 12:57 PM

Here is a good Monday morning question. What is your favorite PVP Ship? and of course Why? o/ Sim

#2 DaDutchDude

DaDutchDude

Posted 21 March 2011 - 01:58 PM

Quite simple: the Hurricane. It has a lot of versatility, is cheap yet incredibly powerful and rewards you for investing heavily into all sorts of skills. If I was a lower skill character I'd probably say Thrasher for the same reasons.
"As always, speak softly and carry a big stick."

BASIC - 1403091800 | WOLFPACKS - 2103091800 | ADVANCED - 0404091800

#3 Granger

Granger

Posted 21 March 2011 - 03:15 PM

Taranis, then Helios ;)

The Taranis excels due in the main to it's ability to out DPS opponents - any Frigate hull (apart from the Daredevil) and even some Cruisers can't keep up with it for raw DPS. The only problem is getting people to engage you, which is where...

The Helios is useful. With a bonus to hybrid and thermal drone damage, two turret slots, and 5 mids for lots of EWAR, it can kill any frigate with disdain, assuming it is setup correctly. Dramiels, Daredevils, Taranis', Sabres, Crusaders, Claws, have all died at the hands of a combat Helios.

Oh yeah, and what Dutch/Glepp and many others have said/will say - the 'Cane is pure awesome.
"...the time should come when you have to make a choice between what is right and what is easy." - Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows

"Except that, as is usually said of spoons, THERE IS NO SHIELD." - Lord Maldoror
"Bob Shaftoes is drenched in Hyperions" - Kil2 CCP Rise, EVE AT XI
"Cambions are like Drakes that go really fast" - MB III CCP Dolan, EVE AT XI

BASIC-042620081900
WOLFPACKS-053120081600
FLYBYS-2206081600

Posted Image

My YouTube Channel

#4 glepp

glepp

Posted 21 March 2011 - 03:27 PM

What dutch said. Used to be the Ishkur, but the cane, well...

[20:58:13] CCP Unifex > loving the Tweed thing

#5 Maximoff

Maximoff

Posted 21 March 2011 - 03:28 PM

Myrmidon for small gang pvp. With a double or triple rep fit you can easily tank most smaller gangs while picking away at them. Also has a tasty ammount of mid slots for plenty of ewar and of course a delicious drone bonus. Only problem is this ship starts losing its appeal the larger the gang you are going against.

"It was the patient, cut-flower sound of a man who is waiting to die."

#6 Aelana Anais

Aelana Anais

Posted 21 March 2011 - 03:44 PM

If you are talking pure gang work, Guardian followed by Scimitar. If you are talking stealthy or solo, I would have to say Nemesis followed by Hound. If you are talking more duke em out solo, hmm... Dramiel or Jaguar maybe. Bigger game solo, I don't get much into but I like the idea of the Hurricane tho I have only piloted it a few times and lost one, so I can't say I have a lot of experience there.
"You have my sword"... "And my staff"... "And my bunny bracelet."
-- IT Crowd, Series 4, Episode 1: "Jen the Fredo"

"Oh and we made sure they have lots of lens flares, because as you know, the future is full of lens flares."
-- CCP Torfi Frans

BASIC-20101008 | WOLFPACKS-20101228 | ADVANCED-20110102
SKIRMISH-20110129 | FLYBY-20110212 | COVOPS-20110219

Posted Image

#7 Sever Aldaria

Sever Aldaria

Posted 21 March 2011 - 03:48 PM

Proteus for low sec pvp because it can tackle multiple ships while having a brick of a tank to last long enough for your friends to reinforce you, sabre for 0.0 pvp because I enjoy controlling the tactical field with bubbles.
Posted Image

Local dropped by one

#8 Kerzack

Kerzack

Posted 21 March 2011 - 04:01 PM

Active Armor Tanked Rifters, Claws and Jaguars.
Men of war have long known that warriors must often abandon those verities they defend. Peace, human kindness, love... for they hold no meaning to the enemy. And so, to win, do we become what we despise... and despise what we become?

#9 Corywyn

Corywyn

Posted 21 March 2011 - 04:02 PM

Anything fast enough so I can run away from evil people who try to kill me :D Serious answer ... Cane / Vaga / Cynabal ... Will try out a Mach some time in the future once I get my skills up

#10 Tzimon

Tzimon

Posted 21 March 2011 - 04:06 PM

Gonna have to go with my all time favorite, the Blackbird. I good Blackbird pilot can significantly change the outcome of a small gang engagement. Cheap to fly and able to cause endless bouts of emo rage on demand. What's not to love about this ship?

#11 Maudite 9

Maudite 9

Posted 21 March 2011 - 04:30 PM

I've been in little else but the Stiletto for the last few months and love flying the fleet inty. It's pretty much always useful, of course, so that's a plus. But I just love buzzing around catching prey. I'm glad to hear the BB getting some love, Tzimon. My alt flys it occassionally and will be in it this Sat for the T1 cruiser roam. I do enjoy jamming and getting the enemy riled up. Cheers, Maudite
"Across the fields the wagon swept; its cargo bounced and rolled and lept; the Gnome atop, his brow a-sweat, prayed to Heaven his mead had kept."

#12 Aluchem

Aluchem

Posted 22 March 2011 - 08:07 AM

The Firetail, fitted correctly it can be a very mean frigate killer. Other than that the Taranis and Comet (basically a bigger, meaner Taranis)
Posted Image

Back 5 minutes, already causing trouble
- Dybbuch

#13 Bamar

Bamar

Posted 22 March 2011 - 08:09 AM

Dramiel! It's nice being able to count the ships you won't engage on one hand.
"Stop exploding you cowards!"

#14 Simvastatin Montelukast

Simvastatin Montelukast
  • PipPip

Posted 22 March 2011 - 11:53 AM

I am going to say Rifter.. Fun, fast, and cheap. I just put 10 together for some fun with Red vs Blue!

#15 Azual

Azual

Posted 22 March 2011 - 06:45 PM

Hurricane. It may not be the fanciest ship around, but the amount of awesome you get for your isk is brilliant. One of the few ships which is as great solo as it is in a fleet of 50+.
Ex-Director of PVP-Uni, Eve Blogger and author of The Altruist
Posted Image

#16 Goodvibes

Goodvibes

Posted 22 March 2011 - 08:12 PM

Jag (most likely to be found in), 'cane (favourite gang ship), Vaga (fun!). Favourite shinies (rare treats) are Cynabal, Curse and Dram. I may have a new favourite... I got engaged in a kiting Rapier the other night and felt pretty much in control the whole time. I think I'm going to have to fly it a bit more, and try out the Huggin too. My long term ambition is to skill my Caldari alt up enough to run a Fon Revedhort style Nighthawk in FW. Absolutely awesome.

pEGjqYG.jpg

#17 Madorris

Madorris

Posted 22 March 2011 - 08:43 PM

Sabre Excellent solo ship and great in small gangs too, nothing more satisfying than killing something 1v1 and then killing his pod b4 he can smack/whine/make excuses.
Kerzack: Wish he wasn't a special olympic's kinda pilot but a kill is a kill!!!!!!

Bazman: I anticipate we will have a number of people who are rubbish at battlecruisers/life

#18 Mental Mantis

Mental Mantis

Posted 23 March 2011 - 10:26 AM

For small gang stuff the Rook. Has great dps and can change the outcome of any small engagement. For solo stuff the ranis (or until I start flying drams) For larger gangs the Drake, I know I know it's a silly missile boat. But it's the last boat on the field most FCs will engage......

#19 Varius

Varius

Posted 23 March 2011 - 12:42 PM

Tough question. Before it was the Sabre for me, but I just got HAC 5 and now I'm leaning towards the Zealot. The Sabre is a really powerful ship, mostly because of its ability to drop bubbles. You can make the engagement start anywhere you like. The Zealot is great because it's fast, does a crapload of damage and has fantastic range.

#20 Mystic

Mystic

Posted 23 March 2011 - 12:55 PM

In order of preference.. Hurricane (active armor tank>>>>>shield tanked nano) Thrasher Taranis Any active tanked BS Armor tanked Dramiel
I'm a simple man. I like pretty dark haired women and breakfast food.

#21 Rho

Rho

Posted 23 March 2011 - 03:20 PM

You know back when I was in AU I would have fought tooth and nail saying the drake was the best frigate/cruiser/battlecruiser/supercap in game *grins* Now.. lets see. We are talking favourite pvp ship by that I assume the one you get most enjoyment from. Merlin, that little t1 frig has gotten me into and out of more trouble than I would like but a 10k efh tank, fitted close range rocket/autocannons or rails/standards for longer range engagement, its fun!. The Moros is an amazing Dreadnaught to fly and the sound of its blasters on a good sound system rocks. Cane, a good artie cane has so many ways for you to have a fun day and ruin someone elses. Although recently flying alot of Arazu's as support and tackle. hmm seems I play way too much EVE to have one favourite ship all depends what I want to do when I undock lol.

#22 Simvastatin Montelukast

Simvastatin Montelukast
  • PipPip

Posted 23 March 2011 - 05:31 PM

In order of preference..

Hurricane (active armor tank>>>>>shield tanked nano)
Thrasher
Taranis
Any active tanked BS

Armor tanked Dramiel

Like this?

[Dramiel, armor fitted]
Damage Control II
Corpii C-Type Adaptive Nano Plating
Corpii C-Type Small Armor Repairer

Warp Scrambler II
Warp Disruptor II
Small Capacitor Booster II
Gistii B-Type 1MN Afterburner

200mm AutoCannon II
200mm AutoCannon II
'Arbalest' Standard Missile Launcher

Small Auxiliary Thrusters I
Small Projectile Ambit Extension I
Small Projectile Ambit Extension I

Warrior II's

#23 glepp

glepp

Posted 23 March 2011 - 10:11 PM

The armor Dram needs a web and avoid 200mm guns on it. The tracking sucks, and you do less actual damage than with 150s. Also, swap the missile launcher for a NOS so you can actually run your repper a bit. Otherwise it looks good.

[20:58:13] CCP Unifex > loving the Tweed thing

#24 Rho

Rho

Posted 04 April 2011 - 09:59 AM

Okay revising my last message, my favourite ship these days is the Arazu especially for small 10-40 man gangs, not only can I provide recon but also a mean 50km point with the added advantage of when we meet up with those pesky mach's and maels sniping gates in syndicate I get to castrate them by reducing there targetting range from 160km to 37km which makes me happy and keeps my friends safe *woot*

#25 Seagravity

Seagravity

Posted 04 April 2011 - 09:37 PM

Jaguar
Basic-October 28, 2006; Wolfpack- never credited?