Photo

When the next Basic PvP?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
36 replies to this topic

#1 Brititos

Brititos

Posted 12 August 2010 - 07:00 PM

Hi Do you have any idea when will be the next Basic PvP class? This one filled before I said 1..2..3 :( B.
But seriously, avoid PB, it's nothing but a headache with 8 alliances trying to blue each other and pew pew each other as well... bloody mess

#2 Azual

Azual

Posted 12 August 2010 - 08:04 PM

Should be early to mid september. In general though, they always fill within a few hours - that's just the way it goes unfortunately! 8)
Ex-Director of PVP-Uni, Eve Blogger and author of The Altruist
Posted Image

#3 Drallimer2

Drallimer2
  • Pip

Posted 01 September 2010 - 08:18 AM

Still no update :( I am looking forward to a class as well.

#4 Kerzack

Kerzack

Posted 01 September 2010 - 08:59 AM

join the mailing list and channel... it will give you a bit of an advantage...
Men of war have long known that warriors must often abandon those verities they defend. Peace, human kindness, love... for they hold no meaning to the enemy. And so, to win, do we become what we despise... and despise what we become?

#5 Aelana Anais

Aelana Anais

Posted 02 September 2010 - 02:06 AM

Out of curiosity, how much lead time before registration opens is generally given... i.e. I can see the PVP Covops class date and registration date available before the registration is open on this board... is the same done with the PvP basic?
"You have my sword"... "And my staff"... "And my bunny bracelet."
-- IT Crowd, Series 4, Episode 1: "Jen the Fredo"

"Oh and we made sure they have lots of lens flares, because as you know, the future is full of lens flares."
-- CCP Torfi Frans

BASIC-20101008 | WOLFPACKS-20101228 | ADVANCED-20110102
SKIRMISH-20110129 | FLYBY-20110212 | COVOPS-20110219

Posted Image

#6 Gavin

Gavin

Posted 02 September 2010 - 02:11 AM

In my experience over the last 9 months, typically about 2 weeks notice. The shortest I ever saw was 1 week.
Isn't it enough to know that I ruined a pony making a gift for you?

BASIC 20100702 <|> WOLFPACKS 20100828 <|> ADVANCED 20110102

COVOPS 1909101800 <|> SKIRMISH - 20110129

#7 Aelana Anais

Aelana Anais

Posted 02 September 2010 - 02:15 AM

Nice that means as long as I check the board every few days or so I won't miss any ;) or you know use the RSS feeds :P

"Oh and we made sure they have lots of lens flares, because as you know, the future is full of lens flares."
-- CCP Torfi Frans

Posted Image

#8 Vjorn

Vjorn

Posted 02 September 2010 - 07:40 AM

Aelana, an alternative to logging onto forums every couple days would be to sign on their mailing list: AU_PVP_CLASSES The instructors are good about posting there when new classes are announced.

#9 Gavin

Gavin

Posted 03 September 2010 - 12:00 AM

Oh, and as to filling up quick, the just completed Wolfpacks class signup was supposed to go live at 1PM my local time. I was sitting at the computer from 12:30 on, checking every few minutes to see if the thread was unlocked. I had already typed out my signup and copied it, so all I'd have to do was hit the Reply button, CTRL+V to paste it, and then click on the Reply to thread button to post it. At 12:55 I was sitting here hitting F5, F5, F5, F5.... As soon as I saw it unlocked, I replied, and was #7 on the signup list. There are 40 signups within the first minute, according to the timestamp. Best be planning for it and ready when the thread unlocks, because sometimes they go really fast.
Isn't it enough to know that I ruined a pony making a gift for you?

BASIC 20100702 <|> WOLFPACKS 20100828 <|> ADVANCED 20110102

COVOPS 1909101800 <|> SKIRMISH - 20110129

#10 Othran

Othran

Posted 03 September 2010 - 04:07 PM

Getting onto a basic class is an unmitigated nightmare %-6 Took me two attempts - missed first time by 3 mins, camped the server second time :P My little bit of advice is always always always set an alarm on your mobile/watch/whatever 15 minutes before the published sign-up time. Just make sure the alarm is on something you carry around with you because if you're like me you'll forget - I did first time around, class filled in under 60 seconds, I logged in 4 mins after signup :@ The only other bit of advice I would give is that Agony like helping newbies fight back so if you have a desperate need to be on a class then ask the instructor nicely. I've seen newbies get onto classes when they've been wardecced by older characters (who really ought to know better) but that has been down to the instructor/FC and how many gazillion people are on vent on the day. If you take the piss I'd expect you'd get an appropriate response though. The good news is that once you get past basic then signing up becomes (a little) easier.
Today's word is :

MORAL, adj. Conforming to a local and mutable standard of right. Having the quality of general expediency.

#11 Aelana Anais

Aelana Anais

Posted 03 September 2010 - 05:37 PM

Just a separate note but the RSS feed (found on http://agony-unleash...ss_menu/rss.php) or by clicking the nice rss buttons at the bottom of this page... does not appear to the untrained eye as being kept up to date. The class announcements page's last post is 2008.

-- CCP Torfi Frans

Posted Image

#12 Skrewed

Skrewed

Posted 03 September 2010 - 05:57 PM

Just a separate note but the RSS feed (found on http://agony-unleash...ss_menu/rss.php) or by clicking the nice rss buttons at the bottom of this page... does not appear to the untrained eye as being kept up to date. The class announcements page's last post is 2008.

Yeah, I think it died long, long ago. We post to both the in-game mailing list and to my twitter.

#13 Azual

Azual

Posted 04 September 2010 - 09:49 AM

You guys have it lucky! A couple of years back, there was no announcement beforehand and class threads were open the moment they were posted. The only reason I even got on a Basic class is because I heard someone mention a thread would go up in the next couple of days, and forum camped until it did! :P
Ex-Director of PVP-Uni, Eve Blogger and author of The Altruist
Posted Image

#14 Ifi Degatoth

Ifi Degatoth
  • Pip

Posted 05 September 2010 - 04:14 AM

Yea, I remember those times Azual :D
[link=http://www.agony-unleashed.com/e107_plugins/forum/forum_viewtopic.php?183632]BASIC-20100306[/link]
[link=http://www.agony-unleashed.com/e107_plugins/forum/forum_viewtopic.php?214306]WOLFPACKS-201008281800[/link]

#15 John McGuirk

John McGuirk

Posted 28 September 2010 - 02:22 PM

I'm looking forward to signing up. In fact, this post is primarily to check that everything runs smoothly at work, as that's where I'll be furiously trying to sign up from. John

#16 rells

rells

Posted 28 September 2010 - 03:02 PM

and I remember when we were happy to get 15 students. Its crazy now.
Founder of AGONY

#17 cr8r

cr8r

Posted 30 September 2010 - 04:07 PM

You guys have it lucky! A couple of years back, there was no announcement beforehand and class threads were open the moment they were posted. The only reason I even got on a Basic class is because I heard someone mention a thread would go up in the next couple of days, and forum camped until it did! :P

yah yah... and you had to carry your own ammo to Nonni against the solar wind both ways... heard it all before. :)
cr8r

"Think of agony as a vine: quick to laydown some roots for nutrients, fairly resilient, but only truly thrive when there's nearby plants to strangle. " - Gizznit

Posted Image

BASIC - 1107091800

#18 Second Hand

Second Hand
  • PipPip

Posted 16 October 2010 - 12:22 PM

Hmmm, so it seems you have to be fast and on time when the enrollment starts. Good to know :-)

#19 DaDutchDude

DaDutchDude

Posted 16 October 2010 - 03:28 PM

DaDutchDude's Pro Tips for Registering for PVP Basic
* Be online with your browser open on the class registration page at least 15 minutes before opening
* Copy the class registration string YourNameOnSite - YourCharacterName (YourCorpTicker) to your clipboard.
* Press F5 every X number of seconds while checking the number of people online in the left side bar, where X gets smaller as the number of people online gets larger.
* As soon as you can see the 'Quick Reply' box at the bottom of the page, paste your registration string into the box and press 'Reply To Thread'.
* After you've posted, double-check your entry to make sure it is there and doesn't contain mistakes.
Does this sound like too much trouble? Well, take your chances, but if you're really determined to get in, this is the way to do it. When I did my first basic class, I did exactly this, and still was only on the second page of the enrollment thread, with more then 72 entries before the instructor closed the thread, even though there were officially only 50 places. (Don't believe me? Check this link.)

Commonly made mistakes:
* Opening your own personal enrollment thread because the emrollment thread isn't open at the time it was announced: As much as the instructors try to be on time with opening the enrollment thread, sometimes real life happens and it will be late. Be patient, perhaps post a comment in AU_PVP_UNIVERSITY channel in-game about it, but don't give PVP-U staff more work by trying to circumvent their procedures.
* Being 'right on time' for the enrollment thread to be opened, only to find it opened 5 minutes early and has already filled up: Again, timing of opening the thread can sometimes be a little different then announced, so be prepared to deal with that.
* Trying to enlist multiple people in one post: This is not the way to go. Every person that really wants in the class will need to put some effort in, or otherwise people who will put that effort in will get there first. And giving the PVP-U admins more work is bad, mmm'kay?
* Putting incomplete / incorrect info in enrollment post: Again, this comes down to not making life hard on PVP-U, because admin work is not the most fun thing to do in a game. If you want to post quick, put an X in, but make sure you edit your post with the complete and correct info that is asked for.
And that's all you need to know ... and knowing is half the battle![/G.I. Joe nostalgia]
"As always, speak softly and carry a big stick."

BASIC - 1403091800 | WOLFPACKS - 2103091800 | ADVANCED - 0404091800

#20 Evil Paez

Evil Paez
  • Pip

Posted 05 November 2010 - 10:41 AM

Great tips!! Im waiting for the next basic class and ill sure use your tips :D

#21 AkJon Ferguson

AkJon Ferguson

Posted 05 November 2010 - 08:48 PM

Warning: If you spam F5 too much the website gets angry.
[link=http://www.agony-unleashed.com/index.php?/topic/9285-closed-pvp-basic-20-21-feb-1800/]BASIC-20100220[/link]
[link=http://www.agony-unleashed.com/index.php?/topic/11350-open-pvp-avanced-hssr-2300-15th-advanced-2100-for-16th-17th-july/]ADVANCED HSSR -1807102100[/link]
[link=http://www.agony-unleashed.com/index.php?/topic/11588-closed-pvp-wolfpacks-class-august-2829-1800/]WOLFPACKS-201008281800[/link]
[link=http://www.agony-unleashed.com/index.php?/topic/12728-fullpvp-covops-nov-28-1800-venue-changeread/]COVOPS - 281101800[/link]
[link=http://www.agony-unleashed.com/index.php?/topic/13477-closed-pvp-skirmish-prototype-class-29th-30th-january-1300/]SKIRMISH-20110129[/link]
[link=http://www.agony-unleashed.com/index.php?/topic/13315-closed-pvp-flybys-february-12th-1800/]FLYBYS-20110212[/link]
[link=http://www.agony-unleashed.com/index.php?/topic/16195-closed-stealth-bombers-20111119-2000/]Stealth Bombers 20111119[/link]
Posted Image

#22 Sanfrey

Sanfrey

Posted 07 December 2010 - 11:06 AM

Does not compute. No classes scheduled, and no recent "ZOMG Agony when are you doing another class!! I can't wait!! *Head explodes in excitement*" posts from wild bloodthirsty manic pvp newbies who are dying to get out and be ant-Agonized. Where's the buzz!! Where's the raw passion and fire that is what Agony's all about!

I'm in the mood to stomp face with a raucous bunch of efficient and lethal bastards in ships no one respects until they're staring at a lossmail.

Edit: There are 39345 new posts since your last visit. (You have read 3 of these posts.) Wow, been a while :)

Wow my classes were so long ago the link stopped working. Look I took a bunch of them ok? It was a long time ago. Just trust me on it.
Radioactive cats have 18 half lives. (Unless in a box, in which case they have half a chance of having no half lives.) 

#23 Kerzack

Kerzack

Posted 07 December 2010 - 11:10 AM

Hey man, glad to hear you're still about. Ya, we've been slacking due to an entirely new adventure we went on - that's all done now so it'll pickup again soon.™ o/ Hope all is well.
Men of war have long known that warriors must often abandon those verities they defend. Peace, human kindness, love... for they hold no meaning to the enemy. And so, to win, do we become what we despise... and despise what we become?

#24 nalda

nalda
  • Pip

Posted 07 December 2010 - 01:36 PM

Does not compute. No classes scheduled, and no recent "ZOMG Agony when are you doing another class!! I can't wait!! *Head explodes in excitement*" posts from wild bloodthirsty manic pvp newbies who are dying to get out and be ant-Agonized. Where's the buzz!! Where's the raw passion and fire that is what Agony's all about!

I'm in the mood to stomp face with a raucous bunch of efficient and lethal bastards in ships no one respects until they're staring at a lossmail.

Edit: There are 39345 new posts since your last visit. (You have read 3 of these posts.) Wow, been a while :)

Sometimes it doesn't help to ask a question over and over when the answer won't be a definite time. I know I'm anxiously (and quietly) waiting for the next basic class to be announced so I can try to get into it. I'm sure there are quite a few others, so don't think that fire has died off.

#25 Ging

Ging

Posted 07 December 2010 - 01:43 PM

Ya, we've been slacking due to an entirely new adventure we went on

we went to Jita

Posted Image