Kerzack

Posted 28 July 2010 - 04:55 AM

The Animals

The Kinks

The Yardbirds

The Hollies

The Zombies

-------

Extra special Kerz points to those that list the songs that these bands are really known for!!!!

(don't go research them - I want answers shot from the heart)

Hair Bands Next.......
Men of war have long known that warriors must often abandon those verities they defend. Peace, human kindness, love... for they hold no meaning to the enemy. And so, to win, do we become what we despise... and despise what we become?

#2 Baka Lakadaka

Baka Lakadaka

Posted 28 July 2010 - 05:42 AM

The Cranberries (Linger was just playing in our company cafe)

and who could forget:
The Proclaimers
Posted Image

#3 Draelor

Draelor

Posted 28 July 2010 - 05:51 AM

Well, if we're talking about bands starting with "The", we can't skip this:

The The
"Who the F is this knob?"

#4 Kerzack

Kerzack

Posted 28 July 2010 - 06:45 AM

both worthy bands and might have been on Hullabaloo and Shindig (haven't had time to check)
Men of war have long known that warriors must often abandon those verities they defend. Peace, human kindness, love... for they hold no meaning to the enemy. And so, to win, do we become what we despise... and despise what we become?

#5 Kerzack

Kerzack

Posted 28 July 2010 - 07:20 AM

don't let my above comments deter everyone from posting bands starting with THE - i wasn't trying to be critical .... ... I'm just aiming to create interest and knowledge - in a few days if it's not already done I'll post the real reasons why you know the above bands.... (also sorry to my aussie friends - it's likely they never got broadcasted there... sadly)

#6 Draelor

Draelor

Posted 28 July 2010 - 07:38 AM

Although, thinking about it Kerz, you forgot the greatest band to have a name starting with "The"..

The Who

#7 Kerzack

Kerzack

Posted 28 July 2010 - 07:51 AM

Ah Drae...

Nobody wants to know what the Kerz knows...

The Guess Who

canucks to boot!!!

#8 Kerzack

Kerzack

Posted 28 July 2010 - 08:00 AM

not taking away from THE WHO they are awsome - super awsome.... this is 'bout 60's bands.......

#9 Draelor

Draelor

Posted 28 July 2010 - 08:17 AM

They are a 60's band.

#10 Baka Lakadaka

Baka Lakadaka

Posted 28 July 2010 - 08:22 AM

Seems I'm about 20 years too late then....I had no idea what Hullabaloo and Shindig was.
Posted Image

#11 Madorris

Madorris

Posted 28 July 2010 - 08:25 AM

The Rolling Stones

The Verve
Kerzack: Wish he wasn't a special olympic's kinda pilot but a kill is a kill!!!!!!

Bazman: I anticipate we will have a number of people who are rubbish at battlecruisers/life

#12 Kerzack

Kerzack

Posted 28 July 2010 - 08:26 AM

Hullabaloo and Shindig were the best of the best at the time... for music .... I assumed that cause we got them in canada that you guys did also... but it wasn't that way.

#13 Kerzack

Kerzack

Posted 28 July 2010 - 08:32 AM

also - apology to drae... they where there... and Madorris gets the most award! most response ! THanks!! (granger was lurking!)

#14 cr8r

cr8r

Posted 28 July 2010 - 12:03 PM

perhaps not your cup o tea, but The Beach Boys some good cruisin tunes by those lads
cr8r

"Think of agony as a vine: quick to laydown some roots for nutrients, fairly resilient, but only truly thrive when there's nearby plants to strangle. " - Gizznit

Posted Image

BASIC - 1107091800

#15 Carver

Carver

Posted 28 July 2010 - 12:38 PM

May it please the court: The Clash.
<18:28:33> "[AGONY] Carver" was removed from server group "Super Admin" by "[AGONY] Carver".

#16 keacte

keacte

Posted 28 July 2010 - 01:18 PM

The Ramones The Thrills The Tea Party The Carpenters The Byrds

#17 Meldgaard

Meldgaard

Posted 28 July 2010 - 01:21 PM

The upsetters (more know as backing band for this)

The Wailers (more know together with Bob Marely (big tune i still remember when my parents played it when i was a young boy, it made a big impression))

and ofc The Skatalites

But i cant believe i am the fist to mention The doors
Posted Image

Deran Francks > And we really don't operate with reds/blues etc. To be honest, feel free to set us red - it means more fights for us.

#18 Carenthor Loon

Carenthor Loon

Posted 28 July 2010 - 01:34 PM

The Beatles ?! The Beegees The Eagles The Sex Pistols The Shadows Only song I can name offhand from the OP is "We've gotta get out of this place" by The Animals.
EVE is a dark and harsh world, you're supposed to feel a bit worried and slightly angry when you log in
CCP Wrangler

#19 Kerzack

Kerzack

Posted 28 July 2010 - 01:56 PM

\o/ Loon Is My Hero!! come on everybody...what are some of the others....

#20 Meldgaard

Meldgaard

Posted 28 July 2010 - 02:07 PM

I have notes that almost all the "the" bands are from the 60' and 70' and good, is this coincidence or part of a larger plot to take over the music industry, and is Kerzack a part of it?
Posted Image

Deran Francks > And we really don't operate with reds/blues etc. To be honest, feel free to set us red - it means more fights for us.

#21 Kerzack

Kerzack

Posted 28 July 2010 - 02:09 PM

The Hawks The Band The Beaumarks The Lovin' Spoonful

#22 Silas

Silas

Posted 28 July 2010 - 02:11 PM

The Beatles ?!
The Beegees
The Eagles
The Sex Pistols
The Shadows

Only song I can name offhand from the OP is "We've gotta get out of this place" by The Animals.

Bee Gees, Eagles and Sex Pistols have no "The" in their actual band name... though a lot of people think they do.

The Ramones
The Thrills
The Tea Party
The Carpenters
The Byrds

Ramones are not called "The Ramones"... same with Carpenters (even though their star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame wrongly says "The Carpenters" %-6 ).

My list (of actual "the" bands :P ) would be:

*The White Stripes
*The Reign Of Kindo
*The Haunted
*The Pineapple thief
*The Dillinger Escape Plan
*The Mars Volta
*The Streets
*The Strokes
*The Ting Tings
*The Killers
*The Hellacopters
*The Shins
*The Coral
*The Baseballs
*The Music

Posted Image

In wildness is the preservation of the world,

so seek the wolf in thyself

#23 Kerzack

Kerzack

Posted 28 July 2010 - 02:24 PM

I have notes that almost all the "the" bands are from the 60' and 70' and good, is this coincidence or part of a larger plot to take over the music industry, and is Kerzack a part of it?

A freebie....

The Hollies - Long Cool Woman in a Black Dress

#24 Kerzack

Kerzack

Posted 28 July 2010 - 02:36 PM

Silas - bringing the pain and truth.... you know you like it!!!! (thanks)

#25 Carenthor Loon

Carenthor Loon

Posted 28 July 2010 - 02:46 PM

Bee Gees, Eagles and Sex Pistols have no "The" in their actual band name... though a lot of people think they do.

pwned! %-6
EVE is a dark and harsh world, you're supposed to feel a bit worried and slightly angry when you log in
CCP Wrangler