Photo

RIP - Harvey Pekar ( "What went wrong here?" )

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Kerzack

Kerzack

Posted 18 July 2010 - 08:52 AM

Can't believe I missed this till now ... guess living in a cave in the GWN has a few draw backs other than no cable-TV.

Even if you don't know the name - you have been influenced by him...

After scouring the interwebs for any and all details - I found out that many people just don't seem to know him.

Although if shown his face - everyone says "I know him" and if you've turned on the boob-tube or opened a comic in the last 40 years you've been influenced by him.

Tons of crap-babble-text on the net about him but I find these ones the best:

NY Times

No Reservations!

Posted Image

Posted Image

RIP

PS - this is why I love him... politics aside... Harvey Wins .... flapping the unflappable...
Men of war have long known that warriors must often abandon those verities they defend. Peace, human kindness, love... for they hold no meaning to the enemy. And so, to win, do we become what we despise... and despise what we become?

#2 Kerzack

Kerzack

Posted 21 July 2010 - 08:15 AM

guess... i'm a little older than most.....
Men of war have long known that warriors must often abandon those verities they defend. Peace, human kindness, love... for they hold no meaning to the enemy. And so, to win, do we become what we despise... and despise what we become?

#3 Yam

Yam

Posted 21 July 2010 - 08:56 AM

!lol !lol I don't know exactly how old you are buddy. 39 myself. However, here in Norway I've never even heard of "American Splendour", So that is the reason why I just read your post, checked out the links and some youtube videos, and then promptly forgot about the while thing. :P
----------------------------------------------------

Don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

#4 Baka Lakadaka

Baka Lakadaka

Posted 21 July 2010 - 09:38 AM

And I'll be a couple of years older than Yam at my next birthday. Nothing about your post sparked any memories here. I guess Australia didn't get that memo either.
Posted Image

#5 Carenthor Loon

Carenthor Loon

Posted 21 July 2010 - 01:17 PM

I've had the movie DVD sat on my shelf for a few years now, not got around to watching it yet though...I'd never heard of Andy Kaufman before watching Man on the Moon, so I guess it's the same sort of thing here.
EVE is a dark and harsh world, you're supposed to feel a bit worried and slightly angry when you log in
CCP Wrangler

#6 Kerzack

Kerzack

Posted 22 July 2010 - 09:39 AM

continental divide and all lawls... ... guess I shouldn't be surprised.... I live next to the bean-stalk....

#7 Kalimist

Kalimist
  • Pip

Posted 24 July 2010 - 05:30 PM

OMG he died?? :sad: how did I miss this, R.Crumb/ H. Pekar duo changed my perspective of the world alot during my formative years (ie, becoming more cynical). Well RIP dude, your legacy lives on.
I used to be a noob, now im one thousand three hundred and thirty seven.