• Please log in to reply
49 replies to this topic

#26 Viss

Viss
  • Pip

Posted 08 June 2010 - 02:34 AM

Hi Viss!

Wassup

We were just talking about you as upgraded Viss's clone and now I'm flying Simon right now....

Cool, hope he serves you well ;)

Did you find a home for Viss & Mid? If not get on the stick...lol

#27 Pesets

Pesets

Posted 14 June 2010 - 12:34 AM

Sorry to hear you lost this match. Haven't seen the vid yet, so can't really tell what went wrong, but it seems like everyone has come to expect you fielding all-out gank setups, and field counter. Then again, i only have cursory familiarity with tournament fitting rules, so not meaning to be a backseat driver... Not sure what the flagships are all about. They're allowed to fit faction but are required to disclose the fitting, or what's the deal with them? Either way, it sounds that you kicked as much ass as was physically possible under the circumstances, so kudos and better luck in the next year's tourney. Also let's hope they'll make IX prize ships look like they're worth fighting over. This year's ones are just lazy repaints of their stock T1 variants (Thorax and Incursus, of all things), so meh...

#28 Silas

Silas

Posted 14 June 2010 - 12:38 AM

Either way, it sounds that you kicked as much ass as was physically possible under the circumstances, so kudos and better luck in the next year's tourney.

We progressed to the finals weekend dude...

We're not quite out if it yet :P

Posted Image

In wildness is the preservation of the world,

so seek the wolf in thyself

#29 Bamar

Bamar

Posted 14 June 2010 - 01:04 AM

There's a reason we brought a gank setup, to get enough points to move on to the next round :)
"Stop exploding you cowards!"

#30 Othran

Othran

Posted 14 June 2010 - 08:12 AM

I think you've got the hard side of the draw* now :

Cry Havoc next, then either CVA/G0dfathers, then either Rote Kapelle/Hydra for the quarter-finals and then probably Pandemic Legion in the semis.

Would be rather amusing if you met Hydra in the QF and put them out :D

*assuming Claw seeds same way this year
Today's word is :

MORAL, adj. Conforming to a local and mutable standard of right. Having the quality of general expediency.

#31 Bamar

Bamar

Posted 14 June 2010 - 08:29 AM

It does seem that all the best teams are on one side of the bracket. Hydra, PL, Co2, Rote Kapelle, Cry Havoc all on one side while the other side is pretty devoid of big names.
"Stop exploding you cowards!"

#32 Othran

Othran

Posted 14 June 2010 - 09:12 AM

Mmmm I got my money on Darkside, both early doors and later bets. Might have a side bet on Rote Kapelle if the odds are right, but I don't like their side of the draw.

I'm hoping Darkside get their act together a bit more - I know them from Curse/SP and they're very very good small/medium-gang players. They can do a lot better than they have so far and look like they have a nice draw - maybe BANE in QF and Dystopia in semis assuming they don't mess up before that.

You guys could have done a lot worse - Cry Havoc isn't a bad draw (if that's how it goes).

Edit - anyone who hasn't watched the AAA v Rote Kapelle match then you really should - linkie
I thought Cath was dead a couple of times but the Guardian was well funny. Looked like a tremendous fight to be in.
Today's word is :

MORAL, adj. Conforming to a local and mutable standard of right. Having the quality of general expediency.

#33 Sever Aldaria

Sever Aldaria

Posted 14 June 2010 - 02:09 PM

Would be rather amusing if you met Hydra in the QF and put them out :D

I really hope we do. Would make for very good TV !lol
Posted Image

Local dropped by one

#34 Othran

Othran

Posted 15 June 2010 - 07:05 AM

Well since Darkside lost the points for the command ship they killed just after the end of the AAA match, your draw has improved. Pandemic Legion are now on the other side of the draw and BANE are on your side. Hmm its looking like we might have a final of PL and PL alts :P
Today's word is :

#35 glepp

glepp

Posted 15 June 2010 - 09:11 AM

Hmm its looking like we might have a final of PL and PL alts :P

What do you mean? We're not alts of PL.

[20:58:13] CCP Unifex > loving the Tweed thing

#36 Aether

Aether

Posted 15 June 2010 - 11:46 AM

we aren't? i must have been in wrong alliance all this time %-6
Basic-2911082100 | Wolfpacks-2802091800 | Advanced -0404091800

it was only yesterday's sacrifices that made today's disappointments possible
"What is done out of lulz always takes place beyond good and evil" - Friedrich Nietzsche

#37 Othran

Othran

Posted 15 June 2010 - 12:04 PM

we aren't? i must have been in wrong alliance all this time %-6

Damn glad I wasn't drinking anything when I read that !lol
Today's word is :

#38 Meldgaard

Meldgaard

Posted 15 June 2010 - 05:05 PM

Hmm its looking like we might have a final of PL and PL alts :P

The killboard don't lie https://www.pandemic...l.php?id=204390 (there are more in same system same day) 8)

oh yes and grats on getting pass to the next round
Posted Image

Deran Francks > And we really don't operate with reds/blues etc. To be honest, feel free to set us red - it means more fights for us.

#39 [BDEAL] B1ade

[BDEAL] B1ade

Posted 16 June 2010 - 04:15 PM

i wouldnt mind seein hydra being on the wrong end of some agony kill.
PVP Basic Grad School of 2006
Ex Agony 2006-2007

Posted Image

#40 Othran

Othran

Posted 16 June 2010 - 05:30 PM

It'd be well funny if Agony put Hydra out. If I was CCP then that's what I'd be praying for - it'd make for superb PR. However Cry Havoc first and I'm sure the Agony peeps would be the first to admit their first two* performances haven't exactly inspired confidence? Another day though and another chance so all to play for. *the first match appeared so one-sided that I can't help wondering who knew what about whom - if you see what I mean ;)
Today's word is :

#41 ROX Genghis

ROX Genghis

Posted 19 June 2010 - 05:30 PM

Oh now I see how you guys bring it. Only win when it counts! Congrats today and gl tomorrow.

#42 Silas

Silas

Posted 19 June 2010 - 05:52 PM

:D

Posted Image

In wildness is the preservation of the world,

so seek the wolf in thyself

#43 [BDEAL] B1ade

[BDEAL] B1ade

Posted 20 June 2010 - 08:08 PM

unlucky guys, i cant count how many times that match seemed to swing. :(
PVP Basic Grad School of 2006
Ex Agony 2006-2007

Posted Image

#44 Hammereds

Hammereds

Posted 20 June 2010 - 08:29 PM

shit happens, thought that match was ours but an unlucky boundy violation on our side was unfortunate too bad would have liked to knock hydra out.

#45 Othran

Othran

Posted 21 June 2010 - 05:51 PM

Yeah I thought you had that one. I'd say bad luck but I've no idea what happened with the boundary violation. For whoever it was don't feel too bad, at least the team was still competitive - I missed out on a couple of bill in winnings when Darkside met PL in the semis - no worries though as it only cost me 150mill, will cost way more for an equivalent return next time I fear :@. I'm a big fan of Darkside - like yourselves and Rote Kapelle they are good small-gang players and I like their attitude. I think they're about the only ones who might be currently capable of beating PL with the current tourney format but they'll need to keep the fits a bit more secret than last weekend. Atlas did well but I think thats as much to do with solid character skills as anything else, I don't think they're capable of a fit which will give PL serious problems with the alliance format. No offence intended there to Atlas/Agony/whoever. As far as Agony goes - well you were a lot better on finals weekend than the qualifiers. Shame you went out vs CVA without a rematch with Hydra. Whatever you did between qualifiers and finals weekend seemed to work, looked much more like you had a viable plan. FWIW I reckon you'd have taken Hydra second time around assuming loose lips didn't sink ships ;)
Today's word is :

#46 Hammereds

Hammereds

Posted 21 June 2010 - 05:59 PM

historicaly we hold back our decent stuff and release it as we get further. First match against Hydra we were countered quite effectivly, our setup being very close range and them having a speed advantage sucked, when we lost the tacklers it was game over, which ofc is extreemly easy to do when you've got autocannons on the enemy side, but shit happens and it was good we got through, even if it was a bit of drama. seccond match against UK was a no frills gank some stuff get through match, kinda dull in terms of setups and we didn't realy set out to win it. Match against cry havoc is where we started pulling the better setups imo. only 6ship win of the tourny =) cry havoc flew well though, good effort to them. Last match against CVA was unlucky, but grats to CVA on the win, i think we had the better tactic and pilot skill as well as setup, but alas shit happens you can't always predict. As for the final result, i think that Hydra should have switched their setup at the last moment to throw off the Metagaming gods that are PL. even if its more that are poached from another alliance (a few of their setups are annoyingly simlar to the ones we were testing) Some really good matches, an entertaining if predictable finish though, i was backing Hydra but was fairly confident PL would win, spy mode ftl.

#47 Othran

Othran

Posted 21 June 2010 - 06:55 PM

Oh agreed on the final. Neither Voltron or Hydra had the variety of setups required to outwit the metagaming. Even if the "intel" gets eliminated I don't think they have the strength in depth that PL has. On a personal note I now seem to know enough to rapidly recognise which side is going to die and why. As always with tourney you notice the odd gem in the rough - my personal gem is the Keres which I started skilling into (and buying) before it got used much. The freebie of Gall Frigate 5->Keres is that I get ranis for nothing. Win-win.
Today's word is :

#48 Hammereds

Hammereds

Posted 21 June 2010 - 07:07 PM

i'm a ranis pilot personaly, love that ship =) from the tourny the one ship i'm looking at giving a go now is the slepnir, was really impressed with how it handled and i tend to favor BC's over cruisers like the vaga when it comes to heavier ships anyway. Hurricane is fantastic and the slepnir looks to take that slot aswel.

#49 Othran

Othran

Posted 21 June 2010 - 07:23 PM

i'm a ranis pilot personaly, love that ship =)

I remember. You and I still need to do that Claw v ranis fight sometime ;). I reckon Claw is better for that fight but ranis has the midslots so its a better roaming ship.

from the tourny the one ship i'm looking at giving a go now is the slepnir, was really impressed with how it handled and i tend to favor BC's over cruisers like the vaga when it comes to heavier ships anyway. Hurricane is fantastic and the slepnir looks to take that slot aswel.

Cane is fun, Sleip can be a fairly epic tank with some blue pill fun. Was amusing watching the commentators who knew nothing re minnie ships wondering if some sleips were ruinning "local tanks". Umm never, not with those bonuses. Shurely shome mishtake :amazed: Command ships are near enough 18 months away for Othran anyway.....
Today's word is :

#50 aethean

aethean

Posted 21 June 2010 - 08:00 PM

Was amusing watching the commentators who knew nothing...

My better tournament watching experiences have been when I mute the stream and just listen to our vent.