Photo

[FEEDBACK] PvP-Basic + roam 4 April @ 0730

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
9 replies to this topic

#1 Othran

Othran

Posted 04 April 2015 - 06:38 PM

Post your feedback in here please people.

The class is all about you, not us, so we want to know what works for you & what doesn't.

I do have to apologise for the roam - we had a wormhole (to Deklein) collapse on us just before DT. As you saw with the Chimera, Deklein is pretty fun in terms of people warping leeroying heavy stuff around so we had to improvise - sadly the wormhole gnome wasn't kind enough to deliver us anything nice.

Also apologies about the brief confusion when Caldak disconnected - ex-Agony members are no doubt saying "stop sucking" but that one is entirely my fault. I was juggling too many chats/clients/probes & didn't sort the basics out - I was backup so it was my job to get that done. Was fine before DT but not after...

Our next AUTZ class will be Wolfpacks on Friday 24 April @ 0930.

The class will run for about 1.5 hours & is mainly practical rather than lecture. Alumni do have to attend from the start & we may be utilising Thera again. Roam time is variable as always :D

We are intending to run further development classes in May.

Today's word is :

MORAL, adj. Conforming to a local and mutable standard of right. Having the quality of general expediency.

#2 Aximag

Aximag
  • Pip

Posted 04 April 2015 - 08:01 PM

Agony,

Thanks for the class and the roam.  I've been playing Eve Online since release day but almost entirely as an industrialist -- so I have more ISK than sense.  The organization that you guys have placed around getting into PvP has provided an entry point into part of the game I've always wanted to try.  I especially appreciate the sportsmanship and maturity on display.  So rare in online games today...

So I lost my Executioner to the Chimera we ran into because I totally forgot all the PvP theory when the pew pew started.  I look forward to flying with all y'all (I'm from Texas) now that I am at least aware of the basics of fleet action.  Perhaps I'll fly smarter next time and stop sucking so much.

Best, and "hop hop!"

Aximag.

#3 Hasril Pux

Hasril Pux

Posted 04 April 2015 - 08:08 PM

Had a rough and rugged day at work right before the class. Even though I was putting down red bulls like a mad unicorn, I fell asleep right before the roam. Not your fault! lol Oh well, see yas guys and gals next time! :D

#4 Loyd9573az

Loyd9573az
  • Pip

Posted 05 April 2015 - 12:17 AM

When I went to this I was tired as heck.  That said the class was solid and the roam was fun.  We got into some fights, killed some stuff, and I actually got to see how an interdictor is used for the first time.  It was fat paced, fun,  and informational.  

BASIC-20150404

Edited by Loyd9573az, 05 April 2015 - 12:43 AM.

#5 Set Yeva

Set Yeva
  • PipPip

Posted 05 April 2015 - 04:31 AM

I had a blast. I got on to a few kill mails (first time), got to see fleet mechanics firsthand and a Chimera never saw one before, never died to one before… lol. The most surprising thing for me was how quick the fleet moves, at the start I dropped behind twice, briefly, but support was always there, and directions given when needed. All I needed to do was focus. The other thing that was obvious, I need a lot of practice at pvp. :wacko:

I think Greygal deserves a mention, she did a great job in the background shepherding and repping peeps that needed it. Also an honourable mention to our FC Caldak plus the scouts on a slow night you all did a good job herding cats, I think I’d like to shadow a scout and see how that works firsthand.

Anyway to sum up, I’d X up tomorrow givin half a chance, so… Orthran, stop sucking. ;)

BASIC-20150404

#6 AurielS

AurielS

Posted 05 April 2015 - 07:29 PM

I had a great time!

Although I already knew most of the theoretical part of the class, I found it really instructive and very well constructed. The wiki content is also really good, I've been reading a lot these past days.

Though we didn't find a lot of targets during the roam (and it was crazy late/early here), I enjoyed it a lot, specially the pacience and professionalism of every Agony member involved. It was a nice experience to witness this kind of organization in a game.

AND we ended it with a big fight against a carrier, which was awesome. Never fought one before, and was particularly surprised by the infinite amount of drones we were fighting against. TIL they can carry a LOT.

Looking forward for the next classes and public roams. Congratulations for the job from everyone involved (Agony, Alumni and fellow students).

#7 Victoria Xin

Victoria Xin
  • Pip

Posted 06 April 2015 - 11:48 PM

I was looking forward to taking this course for a while now, and I was not disappointed! It was a lot of fun and a good learning experience. All of the instructors and alumni were very patient and happy to answer our questions. Even when someone fell behind or messed up on a maneuver they patiently helped us get back on track. The roam was fast and exciting, and it was fascinating to listen to the constant recon from the scouts. ALL in all a good time. Thanks to everyone that made it happen. I will definitely be signing up for more stuff with you guys and gals. 

#8 Sadi Esil

Sadi Esil
  • Pip

Posted 07 April 2015 - 12:40 PM

Enjoyed the class and the roam.  Can't say I've ever taken on a Chimera in a Rifter before then.  Looking forward to participating in future ops.

#9 Othran

Othran

Posted 09 April 2015 - 05:14 PM

The signup for Wolfpacks will be going up in the next day or so.

Its a Friday & I know its early evening on a workday for lots of Aussies but I hope you'll come along & have some fun.

We'd like to keep these Aussie TZ classes (and alumni roams) going on a monthly basis if you're all up for it :)

Today's word is :

MORAL, adj. Conforming to a local and mutable standard of right. Having the quality of general expediency.

#10 jrundmann

jrundmann
  • Pip

Posted 10 April 2015 - 04:49 AM

Firstly, this was a great night, and totally worth it. The instructors and FC were helpful, knowledgeable and – most of all – patient with us noobs as we tried to take in all that was on offer.

The theory part was run quite well, enjoyed having the additional information being entered into Fleet Chat – although it would have been good to go and practice / fly whilst in the (relative) safety of Highsec – even just setting optimal orbit ranges, default WarpTo distance etc to mix it up a little.

I was a little slow on the uptake as to when the roam was starting (had to log into my main for the roam – thanks Roo for helping me catch up!). Maybe a "last chance" five minute bio break could help make sure everyone is ready and able to roam – but then again we probably wouldn't have made it to Thera before DT.

Basing out of Thera also had me wondering how I was going to get to all my shiny ships and spare modules that I had transported down. It might be a good idea to let folk know of the potential to use Thera as a FOB ahead of time so they could move a fitted ship or two, plus spares, into system ahead of time if they have the ability to do so themselves (not sure if there are any hauling services which do trips to Thera)? I know I was having a look at the market and would have struggled putting together anything decent that I could fly half-well.

Highlight of the night was the fight against the carrier (first time fighting a carrier, second capital I've shot at a capital), and being exposed to great comms and feeling the pace of a fleet run with experience, as well as learning how the watch list works, and how to interact with fleet members. Definitely a smooth class and the lack of targets didn't detract from the value.

All in all, it was definitely worth it, the support from Agony to herd all the cats in the right direction was fantastic and I'm planning on coming back to do Wolfpacks on the 24th…if you'll have me. Also keen to Alumni future Basic roams - loving the AUTZ love!